Monday, May 23, 2016

Time for a New Cleanser

It's pretty amazing that I'm actually in need of a new cleanser. As in, I've used up (almost) all of my others.

Pinch me! This can't be real! *gives self pat on the back* *high fives self* *jams out like that saxophone guy I saw online*

This guy!


The reason I say almost all of my cleansers is because I use different cleansers for different cleansing needs (which you probably know if you read my cleansing routines post).

I still have too many makeup remover cleansers (I literally have enough for several YEARS), and I'm working on the Elemis Tri-Enzyme Cleanser in the shower. What I'm in need of now is a new morning and 2nd cleanse cleanser. I typically use the same cleanser for both morning and my second cleanse at night because I'm in the use-it-up mindset and don't want any one product hanging around for too long in my stash.

So I wanted to know what your favorite morning and second cleanse cleansers are, as well as share my short list of cleansers I may buy next.

My requirements for a morning or 2nd cleanse cleanser are:
- Oil, balm, or cream (aka anything non-foaming)
- Must rinse clean and leave no residue! (This has proven difficult to find in the past, especially with balms--I'm looking at you, Boots Botanics Hot Cloth Cleanser)
- No mineral oil or silicones
- Typically mid-to-high end price point, but would love to find a drugstore gem!

Am I asking for too much? I've enjoyed trying out various cleansers over the past year, but haven't found many that I really love. And, of course, the ones I love are hella expensive from Tatcha and Omorovicza.

Here are some cleansers that have intrigued me lately:



Please let me know your favorite cleansers for the morning and second cleanse, especially if we have similar taste in skin care. :)

Thank you in advance!

xoxo,
Megan


Follow

2 comments:

  1. Have you considered (or tried) First Aid Beauty Milk Oil Conditioning Cleanser ($26)? I've heard good things about that one, and it is Hirons approved....or Soap & Glory PEACHES AND CLEAN™ DEEP CLEANSING MILK (approx. $15 (I think)). Currently, I'm using the Pekee Bar from Drunk Elephant, which I like, but is slightly foaming and makes my skin feel a little tight. So I like it but don't plan to repurchase. So once that is gone (and I work through some of my other products), I'll be on the lookout for something new as well... To be honest, in the future, I plan to spend my money on things that stay on my face, not things I wash off my face and down the drain......so I would recommend either Boots or Yes to Coconut...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Burt's Bees Intense Hydration cream cleanser is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete