Friday, May 27, 2016

Woah, It's The Weekend Already!

While brainstorming blog post ideas, I was thinking what I wanted to say for my weekly wrap-up post. Wow, Friday's so far from now, I thought.

Much to my dismay, it was already Thursday!

And now it is Friday! The weekend is upon us! Well, in a few hours, at least.



This week went so fast, I can't even believe it. I live for fast weeks like this, but I didn't even realize it was happening in the moment! I had after-work stuff every day this week, which is very rare. You guys will see it all in my vlog on Monday. :)

The weather here also lost its mind. It was over 90 DEGREES four days this week. This is a huge shocker because it's hardly been above 70 degrees all year.

I've been in an event planning frenzy because in a few weeks, my sister is graduating from high school (what!?!) and in a few more weeks, I'll be turning 24 (WHAT!?!?). I can't wait for both, but I know they'll be here before I know it. This year is flying by and it's kind of scary.

For my birthday party, I bought this dress from Nordstrom. I'm going for a sophisticated, yet laid back look this year. I made reservations at one of my favorite spots in town that has amazing drinks, live jazz music, a dark and mysterious vibe; seriously perfect. But this place is IMPOSSIBLE to get into without a reservation on weekends, so I made the reservation a month in advance and we're in. :) Miraculously, I found a great deal on Groupon for $80 worth of food for $48 at the restaurant, plus I used the code WELCOME to get $10 off my first purchase, and Ebates was 6% cash back AND I had a "special offer" from Ebates that I'll get $10 bonus cash back on a Groupon order over $25. WTF!?! So basically my birthday meal is turning out to be perfect: amazing food, great friends, AND practically free (minus drinks). Hahhaha I can't help but laugh at how insane it is.

Another blog post, another meme....

Have you guys seen any good movies lately? Two weekends ago, we saw the new Captain America movie, and this weekend we hope to see the new X-Men movie. I love the X-Men movies, so I can't wait to see how good this one will be! Also, not sure if Zootopia is still in theaters, but I highly recommend it! So cute and inspiring. :)


Two Tarte palette announcements:
         - One of my favorite palettes, Tarte Energy Noir, is on sale at Sephora for only $26! This is a total steal, because I thought the original price wasn't bad! If you've been wanting this palette, I'd buy it because I'm not sure if they're discontinuing it or not. :(
         - I pre-ordered Bunny's (grav3yardgirl) palette--Swamp Queen! Boy, it's beautiful. I love Bunny and I've really loved the products I've tried from Tarte and the colors really spoke to me. It should arrive today! I cannot wait!!!! I'll definitely be doing a Get Ready With Me using it this weekend. <3 It's currently sold out on Tarte's website, but I'm sure Bunny will let us know when it'll be back in stock!

And in American, we celebrate Memorial Day this weekend. Now, it is not just about the extra day off (YAY!), great sales, family picnics, or the first dip in the pool for the summer. Those things are awesome and should be appreciated too, but remember the courageous men and women that have lost their lives serving our country. Thank you to everyone reading this who has served our country, as well as anyone whose husband, boyfriend, son, wife, daughter, girlfriend, mother, father is currently or has previously protected our country. Gratitude for your service cannot be put into words.

Welp, I hope you all have a fantastic weekend! Let me know what you're up to :)

Thanks so much for reading, and I'll talk to you soon!

xoxo,
Megan

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment