Tuesday, May 10, 2016

My Obsession with Chuck Taylor

I'll never forget my first pair of Converse.

I was in 8th grade. I was dying for a pair forever (every day felt like a century when I was a fresh teenager), and I finally got a pair of black low tops.

This is a REAL PICTURE I took on July 6, 2007 [TWO-THOUSAND AND SEVEN]. I had just turned 15.
Meet my first pair of Converse. HOLY REALNESS. They were 2 years old at this point.

Since the early 2000s, I've had a handful of Converse styles, and they've all been far crazier than my original, simple black ones.

A List of My Converse (in order of purchase):
- The quintessential emo teenager black low tops
- The insane multi-color, custom high tops I saved my babysitting money for [You can make custom Converse here!]

My custom, double-layer converse circa 2008. I was a wacky teenager.

- Really sick silver leather low tops (I totally forgot about these 'til I was reminiscing about my good ol' Chucks)
- Low tops with glittery unicorns :)
- Military green high tops that I randomly bought from a thrift shop
- Baby pink high tops (which I bought in 10th grade, still wear regularly, are slightly falling apart, and have paint stains from my Stagecraft class in college)

Another very real picture of my sparkly unicorn Chucks. This was taken on June 21, 2008.
(It's like I was destined to have a blog. I used to take pictures of everything back in the day. WAY BEFORE SOCIAL MEDIA.)

I am desperately in need of a new pair--as previously mentioned, I haven't bought new Chucks since high school and they really look like it.... I started exclusively buying high tops in high school, and I'm craving to try low tops again. Now my big decision is which color?

I've been wanting the Optic White low tops for a few years, so I think I am going to purchase a pair from Nordstrom during the 15% Ebates Cash Back sale.


But while thinking so much about Converse for this post, I decided to check out the Converse website to see what styles they had....

That was clearly a mistake because in less than 5 minutes, I had $200 worth of shoes in my cart.

I finally narrowed it down to one pair--a really kickass pair, if I do say so myself.



AREN'T THESE MIND-BLOWINGLY AWESOME!?!

So... these are on their way to me as we speak. I haven't had a super fun pair of shoes in a while (being an adult has made me boring), so these will be very welcomed into my mostly-black wardrobe. :)

If you've never had Converse, you gotta give 'em a try. They go with everything, and even the craziest of colors are practically a neutral (!?!) since Converse are such a classic.

Do you wear Converse? Have you been wearing them for over a decade like me?

A few of my other favorite pairs from my research:

6 comments:

  1. OOOO! I am also in desperate need for new ones! Currently I have purple, but I really want the color Beach Glass (aka mint) ones!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sara! Ooooh those are so cute! Love that color :D xoxo, Megan

      Delete
  2. Love Chucks! My first pair were black low tops too. In 10th grade I was bored in Chemistry and drew a checkerboard pattern on the toes with a sharpie. I also used to write song lyrics on the white rubber. They'd wear off eventually and I'd write new ones. I totally forgot about that until just now! I also had red high tops, brown low tops, and probably more that I am forgetting. Right now I have gray low tops and Herringbone high tops. The gray ones are starting to get a hole in the sole, so I'll be in the market for new ones soon too :)

    -Laura (Peachy)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Peachy! Love that you used to write lyrics on your Chucks! That is awesome :DD They have so many colors and patterns now, it's crazy! xoxo, Megan

      Delete
  3. I've loved them since I was a kid too (I'm 19 now). I started out with a Black pair with rainbow laces and those were all I had for many years because I live in Australia and couldn't wear them in school. In the past few years I have bought firstly a low and high top in pink (not the same pink, that would be madness, two slightly different shades of pink). I followed with a pair of deep green low tops and then the all white high tops and the navy high tops. My most recent purchases from boxing day are the classic black high tops and a deep purple high top. I love them all though I'll admit my top three are the white, navy and green. I think I'm done collecting for some time but you never know when the bug will bite again. I hope you enjoy your new pair, they look vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)) I love the idea of rainbow laces! So cooool :)) Ooohh, all white high tops.... hmmmm... those might be something I'd really like. Unfortunately, the new pair I bought didn't fit :( They're not the normal Converse All Star; they're the All Star II and they seem way smaller than the normal ones! I had to return them :( So now I'm on the quest again to find a pair to replace my decrepit ones hahah. xoxo, Megan

      Delete